Latest Release Version 7.7.1
New in Version 7.7.1
- Fixed photo collection corruption related to calculated coverage map operation
- Corrected issue that prevented launching of build manager
- Resolved issue with AT tile detailed report and display of calculated photos after running the AT steps
- Resolved bug that occasionally produced black lines between orthophoto tiles
- Fixed bug that occurred while reading PhaseOne IIQ files
- Fixed issue causing crash when calculating connection map for projects with very low overlap
- Added additional decimal digits to coordinates display in the photos list
- Fixed bug that caused polygon elevation changes to be ignored when editing Leveled Water Polygon
- Resolved bug causing PhotoMesh to crash during water polygon “Select Tiles” operation
- Resolved bug that prevented gigapixel credits mechanism from working when running project using the API
- Fixed issues relating to number of AWS fusers PhotoMesh allocated for production
- Resolved issues with PhotoMesh production while PhotoMesh window is minimized
- Disabled all error windows when using AWS fusers in automation mode to prevent open dialog boxes from interrupting processing
Support for Additional Hardware
- Improved model texture component to support more graphic cards
- Improved texturing artifacts on non GPU fuser machines
- Fixed bug causing point cloud generation failure on some CPUs during photo read
New in Version 7.7
Better Handling of Close-Range Projects
- Photo matching step prioritizes features close to the camera in the bundle adjustment to improve aerotriangulation results in close range projects (Implemented using "AT foreground object at close range" preset).
- Sharpens thin objects such as poles and wires by cleaning point cloud noise around their edges (Implemented using "Reconstruction ground based LIDAR and projects with tall structures" preset).
- Cleans sky background from photos looking at the horizon (Implemented using "Reconstruction sky background clean" preset.
Improved Build Results in Low Overlap, Nadir Projects
- Fills in ground gaps in areas with low coverage (e g to sharpen building outlines and fill holes in the ground) by incorporating calculated ground surface (Implemented using "Reconstruction fill in ground" and "Reconstruction fill in ground and add walls" presets
- Can be used together with the "Reconstruction mesh vertical bias" preset)
Improved Color Balancing
- Enhances contrast of project photos using a Contrast Limited Adaptive Histogram Equalization ( algorithm (Implemented using the DataPrep local_brightness histogram correction for images (CLAHE) preset
- Other preset options include DataPrep brightness histogram correction for images” and DataPrep color histogram correction for images”)
Optimized Mesh and Texture Quality
- Sharper mesh edges and more triangles in areas of complex topology.
- Fewer triangles in flat areas, which results in cleaner geometry and reduced file size and processing time.
- Optimized mesh triangle count for each of the model’s levels of detail (LOD) produces a more accurate mesh in different viewing distances.
Better Support for Multi-Band Projects
- Provides the ability to select one or more bands for orthophoto texturing and any three bands for mesh model processing.
- Improves color balancing for multi spectral bands (NIR, thermal) by minimizing color artifacts.
- Optimizes texturing algorithm performance by restricting texture generation to only bands
that are in use.
- Improved DSM quality smooths mesh model triangle artifacts when generating DSM output.
- Improved control point use in aerotriangulation algorithm Ground control and tie points are now assigned a stronger weight when performing aerotriangulation, to increase geographical accuracy in projects with unreliable inputted camera positions.
- Improved Lidar textures Improvements to Lidar color based textures by applying a color smoothing algorithm.
- Clean texture artifacts
Expanded Output Support
- DSM to LAS tool exports Digital Surface Model ( output as colored point cloud model in LAS or LAZ format
- OBJ and DAE output models are now saved with single texture file per tile
- Enhanced options for orthophoto and Digital Surface Model (DSM) outputs
ability to define tile size in pixels, to define grid origin, to define tile overlap in pixels
- Default coordinate system for all raster outputs changed to the local UTM zone in project area
- Aerotriangulation and reconstruction tile polygons saved as part of a project’s outputs
- Raster output ( DSM, DTM) TIFFs can be saved as LZW lossless or jpg compression
Expanded Input Support
- Fully support photo orientation in yaw/pitch/roll format
- Support reading photos directly from Amazon S 3 buckets and behind HTTP servers (*not supported by the Gigapixel mechanism)
- CSV/Text loader Photo and photo collection information (e g sensor width, focal length, and aerotriangulation data) can now be loaded from a CSV file
- Phase One Read raw photos created by Phase One sensors
- LiDAR data can be integrated with project photos to supplement project data and increase model accuracy.
- Point cloud styling Set point size, color and visibility based on point cloud attribute information
- Manage Lidar sources in a sortable, multi edit list
- Display the Lidar's trajectory in the 3 D Window
- LiDAR files can now be loaded even after aerotriangulation is performed If reconstruction had already started, all reconstruction tiles that intersect with the new Lidar’s bounding box are rebuilt automatically in the next project build
- Change Lidar coordinate system and automatically reconvert and import these Lidar files in the next project build
- Automatically set the required parameters to generate optimum output for the project s data as well as to share user defined build settings between projects.
- Presets now include only changes from the default settings
- Users can control which step settings are saved ( Reconstruction/ Output/ CS), so only changes to these steps are saved and loaded
- Multiple presets can be selected for a build, each of which defines settings for a different subset of the build steps If selected preset files have conflicting properties or flags, the value from the last file on the list is applied
- New set of presets for different use cases (close range, optimization for special output formats and more)
- GUI improvements include detailed descriptions of selected presets, selection control to multi select presets, and powerful management control to load, edit and delete presets
- Mesh imperfections, such as bumps, irregular surfaces, or floating artifacts, can be flattened, filled, and cleaned up directly in PhotoMesh
- Tool performs smart selection, taking rough marking of floating artifacts, wires, or surfaces for flattening, analyzing the pixels, and determining the object it thinks user wants within the rough selection. User can then further modify the selection polygon and adjust the applied buffers.
- Output of the Manual Retouch tool is a polygonal feature layer with attribute information that defines what retouch action should be performed in each area: clean, flatten, and retexture.
- When rebuilding the project, PhotoMesh uses the manual retouch layer to add a set of constraints to the reconstruction algorithms, that are applied when the mesh model is rebuilt.
- The Project Queue is a REST API to create a project queue, and then activate, monitor, and manage the queue processing.
- New script step type (python, JS) to analyze and manages the outputs of the queue processing
- New pause step type to pause a build so the user can inspect the result and add control/tie points and then resume the process
- Ability to load multiple presets, and support full path name for the preset location
- Ability to sort the queue
AWS and Cloud Automation
- Increased options for defining fuser allocation allow you to select the most cost effective fuser solution for your build processing needs and steps
- User can define the instance type, AWS zone, Spot/On Demand allocation type and even use GPU machines only when needed
- Support for instance startup script to dynamically allocate cloud resources needed for the build process (disk mount)
- Better management of user cloud costs and reporting by supporting AWS tags by manager and fuser instances
Other Enhancements and Updates
- New Item List
- Enhanced Selection Tools
- 3D Tile Selection Modes
- Tile User-Status Mechanism
- Cursor Selection Modes
- Depth Perception Mode
- Drag and Drop
- New PhotoMesh Start Page and Automation Dashboard